Montreal, May 22, 2019
A winning partnership between Hydro-Québec and the Fondation de la faune du Québec to preserve and restore natural environments
Hydro-Québec is pleased to announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with the Fondation de la faune du Québec (FFQ). The FFQ will now administer contractual commitments on behalf of the Fondation Hydro-Québec pour l’environnement (FHQE) and manage a new funding program fully subsidized by Hydro-Québec. This partnership will enable Hydro-Québec to will continue to fulfill the commitment it made with the founding of the FHQE in 2001.
The company chose the FFQ for its expertise and efficiency in managing similar financial assistance programs and funds. The FFQ, of which Hydro-Québec is one of the founding sponsors, is also a mandatary of the State.
- The new financial commitment will be $550,000 a year over eight years, for a total of $4.4 million—the full balance of the FHQE’s fund for environmental projects.
- All projects currently covered by an agreement will be carried out, as their funding is guaranteed by the partnership.
- Hydro-Québec will establish the funding criteria and sit on the FFQ project selection committee for the new program, which will be rolled out in 2020.
- FHQE employees will keep their jobs and will be incorporated into Hydro-Québec’s Direction ? Environnement.
- The arrangement will streamline the funding application process for organizations that had previously applied to both foundations.
The Fondation Hydro-Québec pour l’environnement is a nonprofit organization founded in 2001 whose mission is to help Québec communities develop a sense of ownership of their environment, enjoy it responsibly and pass on this natural heritage to future generations. From 2001 to 2018, the FHQE provided financial support to 284 projects carried out in all of Québec’s administrative regions.
The Fondation de la faune du Québec’s mission is to promote conservation projects and efforts to develop wildlife habitats. To that end, over the past 30 years, it has supported some 2,000 organizations involved in protecting this unique natural wealth across Québec, thus creating a true wildlife movement.
1 844 289-5005
Communication and Fund-raising Director
Fondation de la faune du Québec
418 644-7926, ext. 135
1 877 639-0742