Montréal, May 10, 2017
Hydro-Québec is taking measures to help its customers affected by the flooding
Hydro-Québec announced numerous measures it is taking to make things easier for customers affected by the out-of-the-ordinary spring flooding we are experiencing.
- A dedicated phone line will be available starting Thursday morning to assist flood victims with any questions they may have for Hydro-Québec: 1 888 385-7252, option 1.
- Special arrangements will be offered to customers who may experience difficulty paying their bills in the coming months.
- Fixed charges will not be billed during periods when electrical service is interrupted.
- Hydro-Québec will not charge any fees to restore power once its customers’ electrical installations are safe.
- We will not issue any bills to affected customers during the period when electrical service is interrupted or, at the customer’s request, for 30 days. Administration fees will be suspended for 30 days for any amounts owing.
These measures will automatically apply to the 900 customers (residential and small- and medium-sized businesses) for whom Hydro-Québec has interrupted electrical service in recent days owing to safety concerns.
These measures also apply to residential customers and small- and medium-sized business customers who are affected by the flooding but whose electrical service has not been interrupted. We ask that these customers call Hydro-Québec beginning on Thursday morning to inform us of their situation (1 888 385-7252, option 1).